OBJ Export for AutoCAD >
Help > ReadMe
OBJ Export for AutoCAD - Wavefront OBJ file export plug-in for AutoCAD
This is the OBJ Export
for AutoCAD ReadMe file.
Thank you for
installing OBJ Export for AutoCAD.
Please read this ReadMe document carefully and completely. It
contains important information which is vital to the proper working
of OBJ Export for AutoCAD.
Since OBJ Export for AutoCAD is a plug-in for AutoCAD, it has to be
loaded into the AutoCAD environment before it can be used. Loading
is a one time process. OBJ Export for AutoCAD will automatically
load itself into AutoCAD the next time you run AutoCAD.
The OBJ Export for AutoCAD plug-in files are installed into the OBJ
Export for AutoCAD installation folder (typically "C:\Program Files\SYCODE\OBJ
Export for AutoCAD\"). The plug-in files have an extension of ".arx".
The list of plug-in files along with the version of AutoCAD is shown
below. Please be sure to use the plug-in file that corresponds to
your version of AutoCAD.
OBJExport_VC60.arx -> AutoCAD 2000, 2000i, 2002
OBJExport_VC70.arx -> AutoCAD 2004, 2005, 2006
OBJExport_VC80.arx -> AutoCAD 2007, 2008 (32 Bit), 2009 (32 Bit)
OBJExport_VC80x64.arx -> AutoCAD 2008 (64 Bit), 2009 (64 Bit)
OBJExport_VC90.arx -> AutoCAD 2010 (32 Bit)
OBJExport_VC90x64.arx -> AutoCAD 2010 (64 Bit)
To load OBJ Export for AutoCAD into AutoCAD please follow the steps
(1) Select "Load Application..." from "Tools" menu or enter the "_APPLOAD"
(2) Click the "Contents" button in "Startup Suite"
(3) Click the "Add" button.
(4) Browse for the plug-in file for your version of AutoCAD (see
(5) Click the "Add" button on the Add File to Startup Suite dialog
(6) Click the "Close" button to close the Startup Suite dialog box.
(7) Click the "Close" button to close the Load/Unload Applications
Now OBJ Export for AutoCAD is completely installed and ready for
OBJ Export for AutoCAD adds new commands to AutoCAD. The commands
1) OBJExport - Exports a OBJ file
2) OBJExportHelp - Displays the OBJ Export for AutoCAD help file
3) OBJExportRegister - Registers your copy of OBJ Export for AutoCAD
4) OBJExportAbout - Displays the OBJ Export for AutoCAD about box
Sample files are copied into the Samples folder which is located in
the OBJ Export for AutoCAD installation folder (typically
"C:\Program Files\SYCODE\OBJ Export for AutoCAD\"). You can try OBJ
Export for AutoCAD using these sample files.
For support, please E-Mail email@example.com
Please feel free to call or email us for more information about Wavefront OBJ file export plug-in for AutoCAD.