Thank you for installing 3DM Import for Bricscad.
Please read this ReadMe document carefully and completely. It contains important information which is vital to the proper working of 3DM Import for Bricscad.
Since 3DM Import for Bricscad is a plug-in for Bricscad, it has to be loaded into the Bricscad environment before it can be used. Loading is a one time process. 3DM Import for Bricscad will automatically load itself into Bricscad the next time you run Bricscad.
The 3DM Import for Bricscad plug-in files are installed into the 3DM Import for Bricscad installation folder (typically "C:\Program Files\SYCODE\3DM Import for Bricscad\"). The plug-in files have an extension of ".drx".
The list of plug-in files along with the version of Bricscad is shown below. Please be sure to use the plug-in file that corresponds to your version of Bricscad.
3DMImport_Bricscad_2.05_8.drx -> Bricscad 8
3DMImport_Bricscad_2.06_8.drx -> Bricscad 9 and 10
On startup Bricscad looks for a LISP file called ON_START.LSP and executes the statements in it. So all we need to do is add a LISP statement to ON_START.LSP that will tell Bricscad to load 3DM Import for Bricscad. ON_START.LSP is located in the Bricscad installation folder, typically "C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad V10". If ON_START.LSP is not present in the Bricscad installation folder, create a new text file in NotePad and save it as ON_START.LSP. When saving the file if NotePad adds a .TXT extension to the file name you will need to rename the file from ON_START.LSP.TXT to ON_START.LSP.
Open ON_START.LSP in NotePad or any other text editor and add the following line (including the start and end brackets) at the end as a new line.
(arxload "C:\\Program Files\\SYCODE\\3DM Import for Bricscad\\3DMImport_Bricscad_2.06_8.drx")
Please note the following points:
(1) To avoid mistakes you are urged to copy the above line and paste it in ON_START.LSP on a new line.
(2) Note that the path to the DRX file in the LISP file has double backslashes ("\\") instead of a single backslash ("\"). This is very important.
(3) Be sure to use the correct DRX plug-in file name for your version of Bricscad as explained above.
(4) If you have installed 3DM Import for Bricscad at a location other than the default ("C:\Program Files\SYCODE\3DM Import for Bricscad"), please be sure to specify that exact location in the LISP statement. On 64 bit operating systems the Program Files folder is called "Program Files (x86)". You will need to specify the path of the DRX file in the LISP statement accordingly.
After you create/edit ON_START.LSP, save your changes and start Bricscad. Notice the messages that appear in the Bricscad command prompt. If you see a message like the following, please cross check the statement in ON_START.LSP
* (arxload) : can not FIND file <C:\Program Files\SYCODE\3DM Import for Bricscad\3DMImport_Bricscad_2.06_8.drx>
If you see a new menu called "3DMImport" added to the main Bricscad menu, then the plug-in has been loaded and is now ready for use.
3DM Import for Bricscad adds new commands to Bricscad. It also adds a new menu to the Bricscad menu called "3DMImport" which houses these commands. The commands added are:
1) 3DMImport - Imports a 3DM file.
2) 3DMImportHelp - Displays the 3DM Import for Bricscad help file.
3) 3DMImportRegister - Registers your copy of 3DM Import for Bricscad.
4) 3DMImportAbout - Displays the 3DM Import for Bricscad about box.
Sample 3DM files are copied into the Samples folder which is located in the 3DM Import for Bricscad installation folder (typically "C:\Program Files\SYCODE\3DM Import for Bricscad\"). You can try 3DM Import for Bricscad using these sample files.
For support, please E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org